Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things

i'll post my list here for those of you that i didn't 'tag' on FB. but mostly my point in bringing it up is to say that i can't believe how long it took me to come up with that list. talking about overthinking things.

i have one more angel episode left ot watch. then i will move onto firefly. if it isn't quite time for dollhouse then i will be forced to buy dr. horrible. oh, joss, i too would gladly get anorexia for you. hell, i could use a good case of anorexia as it is.

so i thought that little bulletin i got from someone i work with about foca said obama (hosannah obama!) was signing the bill today so i went to try to look up that little tidbit and um . . . well, who the fuck knows because there is not one single article that isn't by the anti-choice crowd.

i think i have decided to go for my teaching certificate. it isn't exactly what i want to do but it's closer. more flesh on that later - it took me this fricking long to get that out of my mouth.

also, be fairly warned, i have held off nearly as long as i can - a gideon post is imminent.

here are my 25 things:

1. at first blush i can think of nothing . . . hmmmm - oh! i tend to use phrases like 'at first blush' and get made fun of for it :)
2. i was born in honolulu, hawaii - a month late
3. i have had three songs (that i know of ) written about me
4. at 13 i woke out of a dead sleep and wrote my first (non-assignment) poem and have been writing them ever since
5. i have been collecting barbies and barbie paraphernalia since i was 14
6. an infected piece of hardware nearly cost me my life / leg - two years in and out of the hospital and i got off with just massive scarring
7. as a kid i took the expression that the devil sat on your left shoulder fairly seriously and went through a phase where i tried not to use my left hand. i know someone else who did the same thing!
8. despite being an *uber*religious kid, by the time i hit second grade i refused to say under god when i recited the pledge of allegiance in school
9. i thought the words to america the beautiful were "god shed his blood on thee" - - that's what happens when catholicism and patriotism mix
10. i have dressed in drag
11. i would like to work in a capacity that gives me the opportunity to make children feel safe
12. i once avoided being jumped by pretending to be a devil worshiper
13. i did not have an epidural when i gave birth to my son and most people greet that information with a look reserved only for the unforgivably insane
14. i often know in advance / have dreams that someone is going to die
15. i was born with extra nipples. when the doctor told me, at the age of seven, that this was proof we evolved from animals i spent a few months convince i was the missing link on the darwinian chart
16. i have a touch of ocd - heavy on the o and the d ; not so much on the c
17. twice i have gotten down on one knee and serenaded someone on the dance floor just for shits and giggles
18. i love word games and logic puzzles
19. i came ridiculously close to being attacked by wild boar while lost in the mountains in italy
20. i have a cleft chin but neither of my parents do
21. i got my first period on july 4th and i remember this because at the barbecue my parents had champagne and a cake that said "congratulations cassie"
22. i like to make people laugh and feed them
23. i have a childlike (maybe childish) attachment to 'fairness'
24. i was a vegetarian for the better part of a decade but it was not a moral decision
25. when i was little i wanted to be a performer - an actress, dancer or a christian pop singer - yes, i said christian pop singer

oh and 26.
Also . . . I can kill you with my brain

1 comment:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

A teacher? FAN_FUCKING_TASTIC!!!

Indeed, I am VERY excited to hear more about this.