Thursday, February 12, 2009

it's 10pm - why won't your toddler sleep

the scene is a small kitchen table and a little boy shoveling vegetarian sausages in his mouth as though there had never been food before but taking a breath to notice the coffee mug with a snowman "look at the scarf momma, it's red; and he has a big smile and look at his hat and two eye buttons and he has other buttons and there's a carrot and he's white; is he white momma? you're right he is white. does he have buttons - look at his other buttons. the pig is trying to be pink and he has a head and two ears. he's looking for the bug . . .' which is all to say he does not tire of the sound of his own voice. the kid cracks me up. i get tired just listening to him.

so, in today's herald this guy is trying to sue boston college for having a cross in every room. now, if he was pissed about crosses and ten commandments in statehouses that kind of thing i would be all over that shit. but bc for those of you that don't know is a private catholic college. now i have sympathy for those that feel slighted as these all went up over winter break without discussion with the non-catholic elements on campus. so sympathy abounds now get over it. i went to a catholic college and while they accepted my nonbelief i still had to see 'he of the tiny loincloth' in all of my classrooms. frankly i was far more outraged by the 11pm curfew and no boys in the room thing ;)

i am one damned sleepy girl.

here's a story of interest to me - i won't moralize on it too much http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/02/12/40_years_worth_of_thanks/?s_campaign=yahoo

so what should i get carl for v-day? let's bear in mind people that we are in slow steady reparation phase at the moment. yeah, i know you guys didn't know that - well, ttttthhhhhhpppppttttt. for whatever reason this is the thing i don't feel like talking about in general audience. isn't that weird. i'll lead you through the scores of my darkest hours but for whatever reason . . . .

now listen kids tomorrow is the day you should have all been waiting for - dollhouse - watch it!! Cuz I can kill you with my brain . . . :) and yes that signifies i'm gonna start a new tag. again from buffy. complain if you like . . .

I have heard a few complaints over the years, but then I just killed whoever spoke up, and that was pretty much that

4 comments:

kimberkara said...

I don't care why my toddler won't sleep at 10pm, and I'm not going in there. Unless she's sick. Like she has been for the last 2 weeks. She wants a tissue every time snot runs down her face, and doesn't like to use the same tissue twice (yucky). I had to leave her to cry herself to sleep last night while she said "tisuuuue mommy noooose. boo hoo" and so on.
Get over it is right. I had a cross in my delivery room at Saint Mary's Mercy hospital. Can you imagine if I would have had a fit over that? I chose the hospital for christ's sake (hehe). It's not like a nun came in every day trying to read me bible verses. Now THAT I would protest.
There's always make up sex for VD. I'm going to attempt to not be a bitch to Mark tomorrow. It will be a true test of my love. I'm so cranky!

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I do hope we can have a nice night honey. As for your crankiness, I'll take you however I can get you.

kimberkara said...

Awww... isn't he sweet? I don't know how I put up with it.

cassdawn said...

get a blog