Monday, March 23, 2009

the post that never was

so you'll get two again today. here is what i started but never posted yesterday:

so last night's post might seem like a ripoff but what you have to understand is this - i was out all day. yoga; nieces bday party then at my mother's dying of a stomach ache for like two hours. i come home to get ready for the concert and i can't find my wallet. now we don't go out hardly ever and i have been looking forward to this concert basically since last year's show ended. and while it would be horrible enough to go to a pogues show and not drink - i'm pretty sure they aren't going to let me in without it (turns out i was right) so we spend nearly a half hour looking. i actually ended up praying. found the thing wedged almost completely underneath my driver's seat in the car. so we drive there - now last year the opening act lasted about an hour and the pogues were on by 8:15 or so. it is quarter of 8 when we get in town and, as we are parking, realize that we have left the tickets at home. and this is where i once again am glad that i bought the online tickets cuz we go to a kinko's and print them out - what a clusterfuck. oh, and while i am downtown i am remarking to carl 'oh, wow, i haven't been in this section of the world for years - i can't even remember . . .' and then i remember - gideon's reunion when he was being obnoxiously drunk and i just left him in the middle of downtown boston. i have decided that i need to move to a state where he's never lived. but i digress. so after all that - the blog post was done on carl's (my batteries are dying) iphone standing in line to get into the house of blues. shew!

and that is where i left off - i had intended to go on to tell you all that on the way to the show i was sneezing like a mad woman and that i then couldn't get my eye to stop watering and my throat hurt and my nose wouldn't stop dripping. but . . . well, my throat hurt and my nose wouldn't stop dripping and i couldn't see out of one eye :)

anyway the concert was great - more later. pretend it's yesterday. you don't have to go to work. ;D

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

So... did Gideon ever live in Michigan?

kimberkara said...

Who did you pray to? I assume a goddess, but then I wonder if in desperation you throw one in to the christian god, just to cover your bases. lol
Glad you had fun and were able to knock back a few drinks. They seem like a good band to get a buzz to.