Thursday, May 07, 2009

ya can't make me

well, okay, i guess you did. but i'm tired. i have overused my brain today - obsessing a little. high anxeity day for no reason really.

so what can i say that is new and exiting. i am watching michael j. fox's show on optimism. i like it. which unusual for me. i mean i am a fan of optimism but usually pep talk people on tv are full of massive amounts of poop.

oh and i have also been trying to catch up on facebook. jesus christ! i haven't done this in forever. i suppose it's a little late to send easter eggs or green beers, huh?

wow - so there is a supposition that pessimists need to think about the problems to avoid them and optimists have to avoid thinking about them. that i definitely have to look into more. and htere is a genetic predisposal to optimism or not. well, i have a new research project. i'll get back to you.

tonight - a michael j. fox quote:

since i'm not sure the address to send my gratitude i put it out there in everything i do

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the glass is half fucked.

it's the best i can do on the subject.

but seriously, optimism is partly your dispostion and partly your glands/mood/ state of being. i think your body's enviroment has by far the biggest impact on your outlook, and it's very change-able.

thikn: when are you pessimistic? when you're hungry/tired/nervous? coincidence?

def. some people are born pessimists or optimists, but your holistic valance is the big predictor of how you're going to look at an issue, i feel.

that makes mogo sad...

or happy!

i dunno, my electrolytes are hard to pin down-

kimberkara said...

Despite the lack of joy in my life I think I'm pretty optimistic.
All we have to do is look at our kids and watch nature show itself. I know Sadie is also mimicking life, but some stuff is all her. She is really in to playing make believe now and she takes care of us. It's frickin adorable. I agree w anonamass that how we are feeling in our bodies effects our moods to a great degree. I also agree w MJF that what you put out effects what you get back.