Tuesday, May 12, 2009

round two

i had started another blog post but now i'm really annoyed so i can't continue it.

i took the kid to the eye doctor today. the doctor said he has slight farsightedness but nothing unusual for his age. apparently lots of kids have it around this age and then as their eyes change it corrects itself. so - so far so good - looks like he has my eyes after all whooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!! so he played eye doctor with me for a while in the waiting room while we waited for his eyes to dilate. when we left the poor little was grumbling a little in the back seat. i said "what's the matter" he says "um, the sun needs to go away"

he also ate close to his body weight today. but the very best was after his nap he woke up and said "i need my guitar to sing the malachai song" i'm like "huh" "um, why did we put my guitar in the closet" now mind you we put the guitar in the closet like 2 months ago. so i get it and hand it to him and he begins 'oh, malachai, i love you, oh, malachai, i love you so much, oh . .. " needless to say i peed myself

goodnight :*

3 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Hmm. Musical instruments. Are you going to force him to play something? I have heard that learning that kind of discipline provides children with skills they will need later in life.

Of course... this begs the question... how on earth do we know what skills are needed for our children 16 years from now?

kimberkara said...

I'm going with the more skill the better off they are. I like to say "encourage" not "force". Hell I might take music lessons with them!

cassdawn said...

force him? no. he's drawn to musical instruments though so i may try to steer it in that direction.

as for skills - all i think he needs is to know how to be happy. period.