Saturday, May 16, 2009

non sequiturs

according to the people at clearblue easy - 1 in 4 women can misread a traditional pregnancy test. if only there were some way to instantly sterilize those women. i've taken these tests - they aren't rocket science. one line you're not / two lines you are; a plus sign you're preggers / a minus you're not . . . they aren't written in friggin ancient sumarian.

yesterday my son asked my mother "um, okay, can we please end this discussion now"

oh, and speaking of ending discussions - the next person to tell me to go to school as the answer to my "what should i do with my life" . . . gets bitch slapped. i KNOW i have to go back to school once i figure out what i want to do and therefore know what classes to take. i don't have the money and time to just go and wander around for a while. believe me if i did the answer to what should i do with my life would be 'go to school' cuz really i don't want to do anything but learn a bunch of different stuff.

gideon didn't really like anything pop culture. as far as i know, in the last few years all he listened to was opera and classical music. (i can not tell you how horrific it is to say last few years about a man who wasn't even 40). so it surprised me a great deal when he sent out a copy of SNL's 'dick in a box'. recently i stumbled across the follow up
http://www.hulu.com/watch/72434/saturday-night-live-digital-short-motherlover-censored

and then i think - i'm so sorry he missed that. that's why i said before that anya's speech in buffy is so good when she says "and then i thought joyce won't have juice again or brush her teeth or . . . " these are the things that occur over time and freak one out. or maybe just me - who knows?

No comments: