Wednesday, April 01, 2009

this is what i mean

see - you break up with someone or they move away or ya know die . . . a song, maybe a band reminds you of them. for me - the passing of gideon - it's the beatles. the EFFING beatles. now, i know i am repeating myself just hold on. i'm getting there. if carl died it would be the misfits; the pogues . . . the songs would likely not even be on the damned radio but they SURE AS POOP WOULDN'T HAVE THEIR OWN RADIO STATION!!!!!! that's right kids today i stumbled across an ALL BEATLES radio station. uck. seriously, i keep thinking it's getting easier, i suppose it is but well, frankly i let go what would definitely be classified as a primal scream. i sorta lost touch with my body for a minute or two.

there isn't much blood coming out of this stone tonight. i have to go to bed because tomorrow; friday; saturday i must have this house party ready. i must be the only parent in the world who is looking forward to having an all kids party. oh, and my mother in law is staying here because her son never called her back too tell her a hotel might be a better idea. it'll be fine though. she pretty much just sits somewhere and works while she's here.

also it would be nice if my voice could be better by then it keeps cutting in and out.

my son is trying to kill me with affection. i'm wondering when this might end. he squeezes my face; pinches the end of my nose; sticks his fingers up my nose and in my eyes . . . sigh. OH - here is his sculpture














You don't have to worry about me drinking. Unless you're here to protect innocent beers.

5 comments:

kimberkara said...

Cure for froggy voice - back off the primal screams.

I like the sculpture. :)

Good luck w the party. I think you're insane... how many kids?

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Dear lady... your son is stacking.

cassdawn said...

kim - idk about that it feels better today.

i am insane but most of these people invited themselves.

there will be somewhere bewteen 7 and 10 kids.

scoot - well, perhaps, tower building is fairly "normal" behaviour though. while i think the kid has a touch of ocd . . . as for the aspergers/autism well - he reads people better than most adults i know and for that matter engages socially better than most of them. if his empathy was slightly more pronounced i would be very worried for him (too much empathy is fucking painful - not to put too fine a point on it). and all that face squeezing he does is all while staring directly into my eyes for extended periods of time unprompted.

we asked the doctor last time how we would know (we were prompted by his ocd actions that can often look a lot like aspergers) and the doctor looked at us as if to say - "are you serious?"

kimberkara said...

I think OCD characteristic might be normal for kids - kind of like stacking/sorting. Sadie worried me sometimes with her cleaning. If you give her a washcloth or paper towel she will continually scrub her mouth and things around her. She washed the tub and tiles a lot lately during bath time. She washes her toys in the tub too. It seems compulsive, but at this age I think it's just novel and a learning experience, tho I wouldn't mind raising a clean freak. At least the house would stay clean.

cassdawn said...

um - yeah, when kai was about a year it took 15 minutes to get him out of the park because we wouldn't close the gate to the tennis court . . .

plus, i think one of his parents might be obsessive