Wednesday, September 16, 2009

because there's just been way too much good news

so i got my glucose screening back and it was elevated so i have to take the three hour test. so whoopi doo i could have gestational diabetes too. rock and roll!! "The good news is that most women whose screening test shows elevated blood sugar don't turn out to have gestational diabetes." but these days i don't put a huge amount of stock in good news i'm sorry to say.

OH and they want me to take the H1N1 vaccine so i'm caught between the fact that i don't trust the vaccine and i do trust my doctor. le sigh.

when i tell you that i hate two of my cats i suppose that sounds cruel and maybe even a bit creepy to you. but what's really creepy is that one of them sits a foot and a half from me and just watches me. she can and will do this for as long as it takes for me to get up and then she will follow me wherever i head in the house and then right back. and that doesn't even count when she literally paces me step for step around the kitchen as i cook. so really, the fact that i haven't staple gunned her to the floor or duct taped her to the wall . .. . makes me a damn fine human

5 comments:

kimberkara said...

I forgot I HAVE had a flu shot. They pressured me w Violet, and I ended up getting the mercury free one for preggos. Do they have that for the swine flu? It would be nuts if you had GD and I didn't. If so, you'd better start eating fast food again because that's what I do and it worked for me. Except for the 300 pounds part.
Does the observing cat like to be pet, or does it only exist to observe you from a distance?

Andrea said...

My personal opinion (even though you didn't ask for it, heh heh) is maybe think twice about getting the H1N1 vaccine when you're pregnant. They are getting that thing out so quick, with what I can only imagine is minimal testing. Are any pregnant women being used for testing to ensure it's safety? If so and they say it's OK then maybe I am wrong. I am no doctor, but I might not want to get it if I was preggo.
I don't know that I completely agree with the whole "vaccines are dangerous" thing, but I am wary of them.
And I agree with you that animals that stare are creepy. Once in a while I will be getting ready for bed and Bear will be watching my reflection in the bathroom mirror from my bedroom. We'll make eye contact with each other in the mirror. Nothing says creepy like a large black dog in your bed watching you from afar. LOL

cassdawn said...

o it isn't vaccines in general i am distrustful of - just this one because of the lack of testing. i'll be interested to see if they push aaron into having one.

anyway, yes, andrea i agree but we'll see and yes, kim they are looking to get mercury free. there will be no consideration unless they offer that one. and beyond that well, we'll just have to have a chat. like i said i really do trust my doc. i have had the other flu shot too - you are supposed to have it when you are preggers or children under 5 in the house. but that one is far better tested. the cat exists to suck the life force from me.

kimberkara said...

When is your glucose test?

cassdawn said...

monday monday