Monday, June 22, 2009

the scifi channel is insane

you know a lot of people spend a great deal of time telling me about me. or commenting about me in my presence. more so than most people i know. for some reason i tend to invite this kind of commentary. anyway, most of it tends to center around things like "no one tells her." and yet somehow they seem to miss the irony that they are in fact standing there telling me while i say nothing. i mean seriously people - do i look like i'm in control of my life? do you think i hand picked this?

anywhoo - remember that letter i wrote serena? never sent it. i don't know why i do that. probably the same reason i never call anyone. what can i say - i suck.


two poems:

poem untitled one:
Empirically today is no colder
But the air is a sharpened blade
Smelling of nothing but the nothingness
And those memories we insulate with

The physical stagnates so that the meta can viciously abort itself

poem untitled two:

the echo of my heartbeat
is the silence of yours



ironically, poem one is the one i feel is missing something. it takes a huge leap. it's as though i am afraid to commit to its depths.

that is all - you are dismissed. and next time bring cake!!

3 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I like your poems. Um... why is the sci fi channel insane?

cassdawn said...

thanks. just cuz of some of the whacky movies they show.

Anonymous said...

don't forget, its SyFy now, expect for prowrestling.

also, you should send the letter. or write it again and send that one.

also, the second poem reminds me on one i wroote, eeriely similar, actually near the beginning of last year. it's still in my mileage notebook i think.