Tuesday, August 05, 2008

if this were a quilt - it'd be really ugly

so my little boy's face is one big bruise. he pulled my ten speed on top of his head today. there was a blanket draped over it and he pulled the blanket and down it came. he has a cut right under his eye and both eyes will likely be black and there is mark on the outside of his cheek. all in time for our trip to florida for the brook's family reunion.

please goddess, someone save me from this reunion. yeah, okay, i just typed six or seven sentences and deleted them cuz i don't think i'm ready to talk about all that at the moment. at any rate, the reunion, which, best i can tell, is not actually a reunion, but simply a wedding that all the family has been invited to - is in orlando in august so that should give you some idea of how much sense all this makes. oh, and the inlaws thought it would be fun to take the kid to cape canaveral but never mentioned disneyworld. now, understand, i can't stand disney - if the whole thing fell apart tomorrow i might even be tempted throw a little party. and i realize that sugar-bean isn't going to remember it. i would never set up a trip for him at this age but we are going to be in orlando with at least one day of nothing to do . . .

i know that man can not live on bread alone but can woman live on cheerios alone? cuz lately that's all i want to eat. well, that and sandwiches (i feel like that kid in the movie 'bad santa') but we sometimes haves cheerios and almost never have sandwich fixings well, not the ones i want anyway.

i'm watching the x-files. friends of ours have a daughter named echo. if she had been a boy they were going to name her fox.

my eyes are itchy. for those of you that read my insomnia rant. it is 2.38am and there is a chance that has something to do with my itchy eyes - well that and the sorting of art supplies. if i stop taking a break and get up and move around i may well find myself staying up for another few hours - ohyeah because i took a nap this afternoon. oh, it was a glorious thing. i fell on the bed and just slept and slept and slept. for three and a half hours, only momentarily awoken by kai coming in to give me a hug :)

my poor little dude - his face is such a mess. oh, that's the other thing . we are traveling by plane this weekend. about a year ago i remember reading a story where some kid just kept saying over and and over"byebye plane; byebyeplane" until the stewardess got mad and kicked them off the plane!! so i'm a little nervous. not about him behaving or us being stranded (OH HOW I WISH), no, i'm concerned that something like that will happen and then i will be forced to kill that person.

alrighty i am going to fight my neuroses right now and go lay down.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Poor baby! Hope Malakai's (sp?) bruising goes away soon. And poor ALL of you for having to go to Orlando in freaking August! We were there in June and I thought I was going to die. I hate heat!

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I wish Malachai a speedy and uneventful recovery.

A wedding in Florida in August? Is it a nude wedding? Because that's the only way you will find me in that sauna of a state in August. Butt ass naked.

I like honey nut Cheerios, or O-shaped toasted oats. I'm not picky about brands.

I want to watch the X-files movie with Kim this Wednesday. Hopefully it won't require a lot of knowledge of the prior film or the episodes.

You know, Leonardo Da Vinci slept in spurts, like ninety minutes, and then he was up again...

Any ways, thanks for blogging.

kimberkara said...

Make up a really cool story about the injuries on Kai's face for me will ya? Will you also tell this story to Carl's relatives instead of the truth? That would be swell. You're not going to have to see most of them again anyway, right?