Thursday, August 07, 2008

E I C . . . turtle


so carl has decided it is time to teach the child to spell and thereby read. now, he is my boy and so of course i think he's near perfect. and i have started to accept the fact that he's pretty smart. point in fact, i'm fairly certain that by the time he's eight carl and i are gonna be obsolete. he'll begin to look at us with disdain as he realizes that we are both one small step away from mouth breathing. well, that one of us is a small step away and the other is drooling out the corner of his big fat yap!! oh, wait, i should have been thinking that not typing it.


yeah, digression and all . . . anyway, we have the wooden blocks with letters on one side, numbers on the other and pictures of animals and fruits etc on the others. so Carl takes these blocks and spells cat and says " C A T . . . cat, Malachai you say it, C A T . . . cat " so Malachai repeats it and Carl is pleased. Not five minutes later Malachai picks up random blocks and says
"E I C . . . turtle"

3 comments:

kimberkara said...

Brilliant! It's like he already thinks you guys make no sense, but he'll throw it back at you if that's what makes you happy.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Ha. I love it... were the blocks actually E, I, and C? If so, I'm pretty sure Kai is just not completely clear on the concept, just yet.

I wish there were Children's First Engineering books... "How to build a catapult out of Duplo blocks"...

Which Reminds me... Kim is (justifiably) afraid that I will become absorbed in Sadie's building blocks when she gets around to buying some...

Andrea said...

LOL very cute! Yes he is very smart, I could tell by when I met him while you were here.
I am very excited to say that I found a computer room in the hotel we are staying at in Ohio.
YAY!