Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pity Party



note : all caps added by carl

so we went to my friend's daughter's party today. it was fine - typical three year old party. however, my kid has been overtired for a couple of days now. so he was fine for most of the day until the end. he had a little tantrum at one point. and then generally just started losing it a little - oh and he had his first bit of candy today so that didn't help i'm sure. which btw, he had laffytaffy, and stored it under his lip like chew. anyway, i was so upset by the way he behaved. much more than i should be and i know it. on the way home i was in tears. so i tried following the thread out and this is what i've worked out.

i'm upset because i think people are judging him. i mean of course i'm upset that maybe they are judging me too - sure - but truly that isn't the worst of it. so instead of walking you through the step by step . . . it comes down to - i don't belong. i've been more or less ostracized long before i understood that it was happening. and it breaks my heart to think of him going through any of that. i think that's all i can do on that subject at the moment.

HI FATHER FEELS VERY SIMILAR WHEN HE TAKE HIM TO THE PGROUND AND HE DOESN"T KNOW HOW TO HELP HIM PLAY WITH THE OTHER KIDS _ NOT JUDGING ETC, BUT THAT THEY WILL MAKE FUN OF HUM AND SHUN HIM, WHICH HAPPENED TO HIS FATHER

on a happier note carl is forcing me to watch the olympics which i'm not entirely thrilled about but beach volleyball is on today - hot amazons in teeny bikinis, oh, excuse me "sports bikinis". what could be better. and since our president was hanging out in the sand with them i think we now know why he's there. PS WHEN I GOT HOME MALE GYMNASTICS WUZ ON AND I LOVED THAT, MM-HMM

1 comment:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I find it very funny, the capitalization, because it's supposed to be "yelling", right? I am having a hard time imagining Carl yell that much.

Any ways, Cass, Carl... you belong in my world. I hope that helps a bit.