Sunday, August 10, 2008

pretty fantastic but missing a certain je ne sais quoi


we went to see the dark knight - at a theater that serves beer btw; an idea whose time has come again - it was really good and yet was missing something. i am still a little bit at a loss to come up with exactly what it is missing but i will tell you this - anyone i should have "felt" for i really didnt'. know what i mean? the whole empathy thing not so much there. otoh - heath ledger - yeah, it's not people speaking kindly of the dead - he was really good. let me put it to you this way - i looohoove(D) him and yet through the whole movie no matter how hard i looked i could find no trace of the guy i thought was so hot. in further praise i actually was on the edge of my seat a couple of times and i can tell you that i am just jaded enough that that almost never happens.

alright - gotta go i've decided to get squiffy tonight. :) kiskis

4 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

It really is a very good movie. I think of it as an apology to Kim for making her sit through "Iron Man" with me.

Oh, Kim... thank you for sitting through "Iron Man" with me.

kimberkara said...

Yeah Heath was good. It would have been nice if he had done something hot before he died instead, so we could remember that he left a good looking corpse. Iron man wasn't bad. I really, really like RDJ, so that helped.

chris said...

i don't go to movies much anymore so I wait for the video. But the comment you made about the electrical disturbance with my computer is something I had considered. When aaron was about 17 he screwed up all my appliances plus my computer. Ihad to wait awhile after he left to use anything. He is very intense. I dont know what to do if it is that. Maybe I should meditate before i begin computing.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Cass, I just find it hypocritical for Autism Speaks to play up the tragedy bit yet accept money from the DOD with the unstated purpose that autistic folk can indeed be contributors to society.

That's all, really. I am cheesed off by the hypocrisy.