Thursday, August 21, 2008

you can't teach an old dogma new tricks - dorothy parker

first of all, before i forget yet again, Andrea - every time i see those new BK commercials with the cow chasing a guy who is eating chicken i think of you. as i said before i don't really have a moral issue with eating meat but it's a bit much that a cow is pissed you are eating a chicken sandwich?

but that's not why i'm here - i'm here to say that bugs don't belong in houses. i don't have a really big problem with bugs per se when they are OUTSIDE where they soooo belong. that said i think we have won the war of the fleas and are down to very tiny battles.

when i lived in KCMO, hereafter referred to as "God's Taint" and as stated in previous post that would be _your_ god not mine . . . mine has no taint :)

this god is your god, this god is my god
from the mighty sun ra, to thor's hammer
from red-haired brighid, to the christ messiah
this god was made for me and you

thank you - thank you very much i will be here . . . well, idk, for a while.

anyhoo, let me return you now to God's Taint. during part of my time served i lived on a streetnamed locust - best i can tell it was thusly named because that was the only bug we DIDN'T have in the house. course at that time i was well, sorta out of it headed into my nervous breakdown. that's about the only thing that kept me from losing it altogether. here's a little trick i learned though - bowl or plate of soapy water with a light right over it = flea trap.

so here's another thing that annoys me - when people say we have to save the planet. no, people, we really don't - what we have to save is our own asses. the planet like anything else seeks equilibrium and if we are the thing in the way of that then we will be the thing removed. capice?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I LOVE that commercial, when he is at the sleazy hotel, with a chicken sandwich. hahaha. But yes I agree, if that cow really understood... I think it would be less upset.
I have had a few moments where I want to get a big fat cheeseburger or some fish and run off with it too.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Well, damn. A cow pissed that a dude is eating chicken instead of beef. Wow. Burger King's ad agency has no concept of propriety.

chris said...

oh,cassie, i thought my computer was healed but i just commented to kim and it was rough going. I hope i can just plow through anyway. I am totally turned on by your steamer. I can just see a bunch of us ocd's getting together to clean one persons house and running into each other, knocking each other out trying to get to the next project that jumped into our heads. happy cleaning.

chris said...

obtw cassie, ijust read your poopy story and laughed my ass off.

kimberkara said...

Aaah KCMO - good times good times. The house on Tracy was so bad too! We even had lice there for a while with... 5 people and a godawful lot of animals... 3 dogs, a couple cats... rats... good times, good times.