Tuesday, August 05, 2008

No Exception

"I don't know why you can't just accept me the way I am"

This statement is a triple threat of annoyance: hypocritical, arrogant and ignorant. Very few statements can lay claim to such variety.

Anyway, the short answer is - we're human, i'm human, it makes it close to impossible to 'just accept'. it's not what we do. i mean, i can do it no problem if your dumb ass doesn't effect my life. but pretty much as soon as your carelessness, thoughtlessness etc-ness, etc-ness. so that covers the ignorance aspect.

now, the hypocrisy. take your own advice. if *you* think that *i* should just accept you then why don't you just accept me?? and accept that i am the kind of person who doesn't just accept people. i know it's a little circular - perhaps enough so to make it sound like i am just being flippant but i'm not. really! take your own advice. but the fact is that you can't just accept that about me because my bitching at you is directly effecting your life - -- - you see what i'm saying???

which flows right into arrogance - by not accepting me but expecting me to accept you . . . well, the rough translation is this "my shit doesn't stink"

everyone wants to be accepted or at least have exceptions made

so that's my rant. it bothers me almost all the time.

i will fess up that yes, i have, particularly in the past, been rigid. and i'm working on it. i will tell you this though - if ya thought/think i'm harsh on you . . . you wouldn't survive a minute inside my head. which leads me to the final point - - - if you want me to be more compassionate - TRY GIVING ME SOME!!

i'm actually not currently angry about this but this rant has been forming in my head for nearly forever. and i figure while i'm cleaning out my house maybe i'll start cleaning out my head a little.

you've been warned


and on a whole 'nother topic - when i watch videos liek the above . . . i want another one!! :)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Very well said.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

It's good to be able to express yourself so clearly, isn't it?

chris said...

i'm not exactly sure what u said, but I totally agree with you. Mostly because I think we think alot alike. I have come to realize that not everyone will like me and I won't like everyone. I also found out I don't like people that don't like me because it hurts my feelings when people don't like me. I want everyone to like me. But in my old age, I am starting to express my feelings much to everyones chagrin, i'm sure.

kimberkara said...

Sounds like a conversation we have had a few hundred times. I still have no good solution!
Cute video. I wish I could figure out how to post mine.