Thursday, October 29, 2009

why can't they just admit it

the flu shot can make you sick. i'm not saying it gives you the flu; i don't think it does. i think flooding your system with antibodies and so if there is anything that is slightly in your system i think it sets a chain reaction. i know that isn't very scientific but i'm not a scientist. but i will say this - why else would they tell you not to get the vaccine while your sick. so, anyway, i just wish they would admit it. i mean hell, the argument: well, you take a risk that you'll get a cold for 4 days but you won't die from the flu is perfectly acceptable to me. i would have still signed up. but yeah, this is the second year in a row that i got a cold after the flu shot.

4 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

You experience symptoms of a cold after your flu shot. Those symptoms are a result of your immune system reacting to the flu shot. You did not get a cold.

You got what felt like a cold. You did not get a cold.

The only real difference is that your "cold" symptoms are not communicable.

Any way, health care professionals refuse to admit that people get "sick" from the flu shot because you don't get "sick" from the flu shot. You can experience an adverse reaction from the flu shot.

It is this apparent double speak that annoys the hell out of you on most subjects.

cassdawn said...

Fine if it's not a cold but I am sick. I have a fever, I'm exhausted, I'm clogged up, my nose and eyes are running, my throat and ears are sore, I can't stop sneezing and I can't breathem. If I'm not communicable then fine - although one wonders why my son is also sick - but I am assuredly sick.

cassdawn said...

well, i've looked into it mark and i would like your cites. according to the cdc the only three reactions i should encounter:
Soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given
Fever (low grade)
Aches

and these should last 1 -2 days. i had soreness at one of the sites (had both shots) and that was gone in a day. i have not had any aches. and didn't have a fever until 3 days later so . . . this is not part of what the cdc says you can experience as a reaction.

kimberkara said...

Your theory makes sense to me.