Friday, November 13, 2009

never mind

i was gonna post a poem that i'm working on but my mind is far too critical at the moment.

have i mentioned how much i'm looking forward to working out or you know bending over without cutting off circulation.

they came and fixed the furniture today

alright i guess i'll have to give you the poem cuz i've got nothing:

i'd have followed you to the end of time
but you never would have asked
told me all those years ago
at the base of the greenline stairs
you had plans for us
but i would have had to say so

thus was the ebb and flow
stay, now go
come to me
go away
there'll be time another day

we had time
we made time
there's always time
the test of time
it just wasn't our time
maybe next time
i hate time

if time is an illusion
i should be able to peel and fold
it wasn't just me
our first green was gold

and when green began to fade
gold started to give way
we headed off on different paths
tether tied wrist to wrist

. .. .
yeah, that's about it - the next thing is clear in my head but i can't make the words work

so there - a little piece of soul should buy me off the hook.

No comments: