Friday, August 07, 2009

cuz i'm a rebel like that

i did it! i cut my own bangs. i always say i'm not gonna and then four months goes by and what can i do. my hairdresser gets pissed but hey - when i told him last time to trim it and put two layers in and he cut three inches off and went layer crazy well . . .

so this morning my son went in my witchcraft/yoga/meditation room. i have my grandmother's sacred heart jesus bust in there.
kai: who's that
me: oh, that's jesus
kai: yeah, that's jesus
pause
kai: gam-gam and i saw jesus at church
me: oh yeah?
kai: yeah.
pause
kai: jesus is a funny guy

i coulda died laughing althought of course i didn't laugh at all just said "oh yeah?" inside i'm thinking 'you know kid, if there was a jesus he'd probably be cool with that but . . ." yeah, until the country climate changes a bit i have got to figure out a way to discourage him from saying stuff like that.


i do find bill maher a tad uppity but on the other hand http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/new-rule-smart-president_b_253996.html
my favorite part "Until we admit that America can make a mistake, we can't stop the next one."

i know - let the beatings begin.

No comments: