Wednesday, December 03, 2008

just because i said i would

so, nanowrimo. i "failed". i did about 25k words. i say about because part of the story was an im conversation - so it counts but they weren't new words.

here's what i learned. i made a mistake with my subject matter. i chose to write about gideon's death. which was fine at first. until i reached that stage of grieving where i just couldn't think about it any more. also, it was too recent.

however, i also learned that pushing the words out isn't that hard. further ifyou pushed enough poop out eventually you will get some little bright spots of elegance.

8 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Well, do you think you can put more into it, or do you think you've said all that you can?

Any way, I am glad you blogged about it. Now, all I need to do is finish with blog 365, so I can do NaNoWriMo next year.

kimberkara said...

Isn't it fiction? Turn it in to a space mission book. Yeah, that's it.

cassdawn said...

oh, there's more to say. even more importantly there's a better way to say it. we were sort of a cross between less than zero; romeo and juliet and a sitcom.

space mission?? right. get right on that.

cassdawn said...

hmm maybe i'll do blog365 . . .

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

So, I do NaNoWriMo, you do 365 next year? Then Kim can do NaBloPoMo, right?

cassdawn said...

okay - i will make the commitment now

i shall do blog 365

and you will do nanowrimo

and kim will blow cops for a month???

kimberkara said...

FUCK THE POLICE! I'LL DO IT.

cassdawn said...

so in detroit you use bowling alleys to take a dump and fellatio for revenge?? weird place